LEISURE, LAND BASED ACTIVITIES AND WATER SPORTS CENTRE
The Resort offers guests a plethora of complimentary and paid sporting activities, both on land and sea. Sports enthusiasts will be able to exercise and do their favourite sports in a fully equipped fitness centre, where a personal trainer (* with supplement) is available for advice on diet and sport.
The hotel has an ATP tennis school under the guidance of Kamil Patel (Mauritian pro No.1 and training partner of Roger Federer) and 3 floodlit tennis courts. Tennis lessons * are available ...
Mountain bikes are available for our residents, allowing them to discover the coastal road south along the beaches lined with “filaos” (Casuarina trees, typically Mauritian). Quad bike excursions accompanied by a guide are also available.
The activity centre is open daily from 08:00am to midnight and offers activities for teens from 13 to 18 years.
- - 600 m² swimming pool
- - 1 heated pool of 175 m²
- - 1 swimming pool at kids club
- - A 9 hole “pitch & putt” golf course Par 3 (one per
- day > for 18 years and older)
- - Windsurfing
- - Dinghy / Laser
- - Canoeing single and double
- - Water skiing sessions
- - Aqua-gym
- - Pedal boats
- - Glass bottom boat trips
- - Snorkelling trips
- - Fully equipped gym
- - Aerobics sessions
- - Tai Chi sessions
- - Yoga sessions
- - Table tennis
- - French bowls
- - 3 floodlit tennis courts
- - Tennis
- - Badminton
- - Darts
- - Beach volleyball
- - Beach soccer
- - Indoor games
- - Snooker table
- - A 18 hole championship golf
- course (PAR 72) (complimentary
- for the residents of a suite)
- - Personal coaching in the gym
- - Golf cart, golf equipment, caddies
- - Golf lessons (which can be
- videoed for extra learning potential)
- - Tennis lessons and tennis balls
- - Billiards / tokens
- - Mountain bikes
- - Catamaran cruises
- - Deep sea fishing
- - Kite surfing
- - Scuba diving (padi)
- - Water skiing lessons
- - Quad bikes and other activities in
- the Frédérica Nature Park
- - Horse riding (available at approx.
- 10 mins drive away from the hotel)
- - Video Games
LE CHÂTEAU DE BEL OMBRE
(Reopening mid-november 2010)
Built in the early 19th century and set amidst elegant 100 year old gardens, this colonial mansion was the heart of the ‘Domaine de Bel Ombre’. In this timeless setting, residents can enjoy an exceptional, truly Mauritian dinner made with local products. Le Château de Bel Ombre is also ideal for weddings and other special occasions.
THE GOLF CLUB
Offering light meals throughout the day, the Club House is the perfect place to refuel after a round of golf or simply as a substitute to the beach! The menu offers a choice of sandwiches, salads and Mauritian dishes supplemented by a choice of wines served on a terrace looking out over the golf course.
GOLF DU CHÂTEAU
The Golf du Château golf course was designed by Peter Matkovich of Matkovich & Hayes, South Africa. Nestled between rolling hills and a lagoon, the design of this spectacular 18 hole golf course (par 72) and the level of technique it demands, make it a memorable experience for golfers, whatever their level. This course is one of the most beautiful on the island and offers a unique panoramic view from every hole!
- - An 18 hole championship golf course, Par 72
- - A putting green, chipping green, and driving range
- - An 9 hole ‘pitch and putt’ introductory course (Par 3)
- - Caddies, carts, trolleys and equipment hire
- - Golf lessons (which can be videoed for extra learning potential)
- - A club house, shop, restaurant and bar
- - A Pro and an assistant PGA Pro
- - Privileged access to two other 18 hole golf courses in the region.